Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

A new addiction!

A couple of hours ago Balisha at Never Enough Time wrote a lovely post about treating herself to some new season apples.  In this post she mentioned eating apple with a little bit of peanut butter.  I immediately commented that I'd never tried this combination before but that it sounded really good and quite healthy (if you don't spread the peanut butter too thick!)

Anyway, I needed a quick snack before my pilates class so I decided to break out my trusty jar of crunchy peanut butter and try it with a large juicy Gala apple.  I can now report that it's not just tasty - it's the stuff of serious snacking addictions!!  Seriously, it's also quite filling so I haven't felt the urge to eat anything else.

I had a Music Teacher's meeting at another school this afternoon so I had to drive myself today.  The down side of this was that I had to keep both hands on the wheel (so no crochet!).  The up side was that I got back to the Worcester area much earlier and had time to have another look at Em's wool sale.  Today I only bought one ball - a pretty pale green yarn which will look fabulous in an Autumnal themed blanket I'm planning.

It was nice to have a treat because the last couple of weeks haven't been particularly great at work.  The pupils are delightful as always.  It's the supposedly 'grown up' people that I work with that have made things very hard.  Yesterday was a crisis point and I feel seriously let down by my Headteacher and his Deputy.  Even though I love working with the kids - and it will break my heart to leave a department that I have ploughed my heart and soul into - I'm not sure how long I can carry on working there.  I've got  to schedule a meeting with the Deputy next week to try and clarify the situation and where I stand.  I'll let you know what happens...

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your work troubles - I can sympathise as my small school is in the same boat. An awful head teacher (we've had her for about 7 years) who is a fantastic teacher but does not have the leadership and management skills necessary to manage even our small team and had absolutely no 'people skills'. She is ruining what was a lovely rural 'family' school and makes working there a misery. Many have left already and the rest of us can't find other jobs!

    At least there are some positives for you too - a new delicious snack and cheap wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about work,such a shame,I hope it can get sorted out. the peanut butter and apple sounds yumm,will have to try :) Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're having problems at work Jan. I left my job as a Special Support Assistant because of the headteacher. Great at getting things done, terrible people skills and a disgusting attitude towards his staff. A teacher of 40 years standing was left open-mouthed at the way he spoke to me. I handed in my resignation the following day. I hope it doesn't come to that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh apples and peanut butter have long been an afternoon treat for me. Sometimes when I am home alone...it is my supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's years since I've had peanut butter, I may have to try it with an apple. Sorry to hear about your work situation. I know how much you love your job so it will be such a wrench if you feel you have to leave. Hope the meeting next week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear your work issues. I know that you love working with the kids...now if the grownups would only cooperate.
    Thanks for the mention here...I didn't realize that so many hadn't tried peanut butter and apples. I have a salad dressing made with peanut butter for an apple salad I'll post soon. Delicious.
    Take care and don't get discouraged...we need good teachers.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete