Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Ooof!


Back to work today!  Nobody was especially pleased when the alarm went off at 5.50.  For the last week or so I've been terribly lazy and I've have been hard pressed to get up before 8.30.  Today I was sat in my classroom - in the dark and the pouring rain - at 7.30.  Grr!  Tom was particularly unimpressed with the early hour, the diabolical weather and the change in routine.  At least he gets the option of reclining in his cat bed next to a warm radiator.  I spent the day shivering in school because the cranky old 1950s boilers appear to have refused to work again. 

The stormy weather has produced some amazing skies again this evening.  These are a few photos that I took during one of our walks between Boxing Day and New Year.  We really made the most of the chance to get out and walk on a regular basis.  To my surprise we managed to clock up 40 miles by the end of the holiday.  I don't think we'll be going out tonight though - far too cold and windy!




Today was a training day (not terribly good, I'm afraid).  Tomorrow all the pupils come back but I'm only teaching the first two lessons.  After that we're packing 50 Year 8 pupils onto a coach and taking them to a matinee of Wicked in London.  I hope that we'll be back at school by 8.30, so I'm not home too late so early in term.  Despite the responsibility of taking so many 13 year olds to London, I'm looking forward to the trip.  We've got excellent seats in the theatre and the pupils should love the show.

Yet again my lovely husband is fending for himself.  It's a good thing that he's very tolerant about my job and the quirky hours musicians can end up working.

2 comments:

  1. We had the alarm set for this morning but were awakened at 6a.m. anyway by the wind rattling the door knocker on the front door. Our cats wouldn't go out at all today - Tom looks very comfy in his bed! Hope you enjoy your visit to the theatre:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tom's got the right idea staying put in bed. Hope you have a wonderful time at the theatre. I've never seen Wicked but by all accounts it sounds brilliant.

    ReplyDelete