Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

A lovely vintage find


At the beginning of the halfterm holiday I took my parents and my Mum's cousin to Hay on Wye.  I found this cute little bedside table in the back of one of the antique/vintage/junk shops.  It's been recently repainted and looks fantastic in my back bedroom.  It's hard to see from the photo but pretty much everything in this pic is either second hand, clearance or a much loved object from a long time ago.  The lamp, for example, was a wedding present from BHS back in 1990.  I've still got a scatter cushion and duvet cover in the same pattern.  Unfortunately, after years and years of washing, the duvet has become rather faded and thin but I still use it in the summer because it all looks so pretty.  BHS did some really nice quality stuff.  Our local store became a Primark.  Not the same......!
The books under the lamp are two of my favourites ~ French Women Don't Get Fat and A French Women for All Seasons.  They are both hardback but only cost a couple of pounds each from a local charity shop.  Even if they didn't go so well with the colour scheme I'd still have them next to the bed.  They are books that I constantly dip into and re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment